Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holiday Whore . . .

Not literally, I don't put out just around the holidays or excessively during the holidays.  I am however, a confessed Holiday Whore.  I love the holidays, any and most all of them.

Clearly you understand loving the big one - Christmas.  The day after Thanksgiving the bins come out.  Bins, not as in 2 but as in 12!  12 bins of holiday, sorry, Christmas joy!  Every nook and cranny gets a little bit of Christmas cheer.  Later in the year for this - here is one of my favorite decorating pics from Christmas 2011.

As soon as Three King's Day is over, January 6, down come Christmas and up goes Valentine's Day. 


Quick and easy decorations for the loves in my home!

                                                                   Hearts on metal post in the yard, front door adorned with a big heart.




 The glass table in our entry gets all red and white picture frames, some blocks that spell  L O V E, that my children continue to play with a rearrange - good thing there are only certain letters on those blocks, a Valentine's Day mailbox my oldest built in first grade.  I am a sucker for child made goodies! 






The door to the bar is
wrought iron.  It holds three
Valentine's Day pieces - cascading
hearts, big heart that says LOVE,
and a heart stacked with two other
hearts on it.

There are decoration in the bathrooms,
 cute towels, a KISS and a
LOVE complete the decor.

One of my favorite pieces of decor is my
Happy Everything platter.  It has ceramic
pieces I can change out for each event in the house.








I think it brings a little extra happiness to our home.  I think it shows my children I care about making these days special for them.  It probably doesn't take more than 30 to 45 minutes to put everything out - 30 to 45 minutes I should be doing something like preparing the taxes, working out, cooking dinner.  Instead I am putting a little of my love for the holidays and our family out for all who enter to enjoy.  I don't always see the smile on the boys faces when they pass these decorations, but I know it registered in their heart. 




                                                                   What are you loving for
                                                                            Valentine's this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment