Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras . . . Y'all

We interrupt this . . . ever so entertaining blog . . . to bring you this very important message  . . . BBBBBBBBBBBBB EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Y'all - I love me some Mardi Gras!  I cannot sit still one more minute!  Come on 7:30pm!

We are having a Mardi Gras Party tonight!  Crawfish, Hurricanes, Red Beans & Rice, King Cake . . .

More on that later!

I am not your normal crafty girl but I am loving something Mardi Gras and want to share it!  What I am though is a "Next Level" kinda girl!  I can take a good idea and make it better . . . or so I think!

http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/03/easy-king-cake-knots.html
I have fallen in love with this mini King Cake super easy recipe from PlainChicken.com

Check out her pic of these most awesome and two thumbs up Mini King Cakes!  The two thumbs up came from two really super cute little boys I know very well!

I will not go into specific on the recipe.  You have to go to her website!  She has this and many other yummy things.

NOW . . . here is where I "Next Level" it!

I made these super cute and yummy, do you understand yet . . .  that they are super cute . . . and yummy? 

I was planning to make them for my Mardi Gras party.  I was going to use them as a party favor.   I thought I needed a trial run, so I followed the directions by PlainChicken.com.  But how was I going to transport them? 

Then it came to me . . . at 1:00am . . . last night . . . when I should have been sleeping!  I would use these plastic crystal little cups for the mini King Cake.  Then it gets better. It gets "Next Leveled."


I remember in my cart of tricks I have plastic bags.




 I also had on hand Mardi Gras party napkins.





I found plastic knives and forks in my summer pool party supplies.  Grabbed some beads . . . do not ask what I had to do for those beads, and some ribbon.  And off I go!




I placed the mini King Cake in the plastic crystal cup. 

Next I placed a Mardi Gras Napkin inside but against the back of my plastic bag. 

My cupped King Cake goes in the bag, centered on the bottom. 

I then placed my hard earned beads, 1 purple, gold and green, in the bag to add weight and add some color to it. 

In goes the fork and knife, behind the cup, but in front of the napkin.

I cinch it so that the top of the plastic bag skims the top of the plastic crystal cup.  The green ribbons holds everything in place.  Fork, knife and napkin hang out the opening just a little!




 My sweet baby was so excited to take these to school.  I got a huge hug and a "I love you mommy." 

He must have delivered them to the right people as I have already received an email from his math teacher.  She said

"Your New Orleans gift package this morning was such a nice surprise! You are indeed most creative!!! Wow! What a fun start to my day.

 Hugs, Linda"

 Well . . . Hugs to you and Linda on a very Happy Mardi Gras Day!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty!! I have HIGH expectations this evening and EXPECT to see some major "next leveling" going on!! They looked great. I'd hug you.

    ReplyDelete